Published on: February 11, 2022
meth and neurontin NEWS
Prime Minister pays his obeisances to Sri Madhwacharya on Madhwa Navmi
Podporozh’ye ABOUT ACHARYA MADHWA
- Born in Udupi
- Born in 1238, on the auspicious day of Vijayadashami, and he was named Vasudeva.
- Third of the trinity of philosophers who influenced Indian thoughts after the ages of the Vedas and Puranas (the other two being Shankaracharya and Ramanujacharya)
- Propounded the philosophy of Dwaita or Dualism.
- Initiated into sanyasttva by Achyutapreksha
- At the time of initiation, he was given the name Purnaprajna. It was also Achyutapreksha who gave him the title ‘Madhva’ by which he was more famously known.
- Wrote commentaries on several important Hindu holy texts, including the Bhagavad Gita and the Brahma Sutra.
- Various texts that detailed his philosophy which he called Tattvavada, or as it is more popularly known, Dvaita. Some of his works were the Gita Bhashya, Brahma Sutra Bhashya, Anu Bhashya, Karma Nirnaya, and Vishnu Tattva Nirnaya.
- Emphasizes that the world is real and not just an illusion.
- The soul is bound to this world through ignorance
- The way for the soul to release itself from this bondage is to seek the grace of Sri Hari
- To reach Sri Hari, one has to practice Bhakthi, there is no other way
- To practice Bhakthi, one needs to meditate
- To meditate, one needs to clear the mind and attain detachment by studying the sacred texts