Published on: January 6, 2022
MAHARAJA BIR BIKRAM MANIKYA KISHORE
http://rustedrobot.com/author/admin/page/81/ PM inaugurated Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport in Tripura
WHO IS MAHARAJA BIR BAKAM
- King of Tripura from 1923 to 1947
- Belonged to Manikaya dynasty
- Enlightened and benevolent ruler
- Considered the father of modern architecture in Tripura
- Entire planning of present-day Tripura was initiated during his rule
- Had travelled extensively across globe and took several steps for all-round development of Tripura.
- Considered one of the pioneers in land reforms.
- In 1939, he reserved land for local Tripura tribals, which was later instrumental in creation of Tripura autonoumus district council.
- Built Tripura’s first airport at Agartala
- Set up one of country’s first municipality.
- Started Tripura’s first University.
- Foundation for Tripura’s high rate of literacy was laid by him
- royal family of Tripura had sent food grains to the people of Bengal during the Bangla famine.
- Played a significant role in providing refuge to the Hindu Bengalis fleeing East Bengal at the time of partition, saving lives and providing shelter people who were facing persecution.