Published on: February 1, 2023
Mobile vet clinics
Why in news? Government of Karnataka had announced ‘Pashu Sanjeevini’ mobile veterinary clinics were now operational in the state.
- They will provide veterinary services at the doorsteps of the dairy farmers.
- Kalaburagi, Raichur, Koppal, Vijayanagar, Bidar, Yadgir and Ballari were given vehicles.
- Karnataka had started a cattle helpline for the first time in the country.
About Pashu Sanjeevini
- This programme is component of the Rashtriya Gokul Mission that aims to conserve and develop indigenous breed
- It is implemented through well-equipped surgical vehicles for the preservation, care and health care of cattle in order to facilitate the farmers and cattle caregivers.
- The Centre and state are sharing the cost of the project in the ratio of 60:40.
- Each ‘Pashu Sanjeevini’ vehicle houses a veterinarian, a veterinary assistant and a driver.