Published on: May 27, 2022
NATIONAL ACHIEVEMENT SURVEY (NAS) 2021 REPORT
- Released by – Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education
- Administered by the CBSE
- Managed through the technology platform designed and developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC)
- The last NAS was held in 2017
- It assesses the health of the school education system in the country by conducting a comprehensive evaluation survey of children’s learning competencies at classes III, V, VIII and X with a cycle period of three years
- It reflects the overall assessment of the school education system
WHAT IS IN THE REPORT
It was held at all India level and covered:
- Government Schools (Central Government and State Government)
- Government Aided Schools
- Private Unaided Schools.
- Nearly the same percentage of students (80%)also felt that learning was better in schools because of the help they received from their classmates.
- As many as 24% students said they had no digital deviceat home.
- Though 45% students found the experience “joyful”, 38% also said that they had difficulties in learning.
- Students across various classes performed better in languages but lagged behind in subjects like mathematics and science.
- It also shows that across various subjects and classes, SC, ST and OBC students performed worse than general category students.