Published on: March 12, 2022
NATIONAL CRIME RECORDS BUREAU
37th Foundation Day celebrations of National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) was recently held
- Under Union Home Ministry
- Nodal agency
- For authentic source of data on crime on various parameters including accidents, suicides from across all the states of the country
- Prisons for policy matters and research
- Established in 1986 as the central police organisation
- Headquartered in New Delhi.
- Implementing and monitoring agency of Crime & Criminal Tracking Network System (CCTNS), a Mission Mode Project under the National e-Governance Plan of Government.
- Imparts training in Information Technology (IT) and Finger Print Science for Indian Police Officers as well Foreign Police officers
- Publishes 4 annual publications on Crime, Prison Statistics, Accidental Deaths & Suicides and Finger Prints. These publications serve as principal reference points on crime statistics