Published on: April 25, 2022
NATIONAL PANCHAYATI RAJ DAY
Panchayati Raj Day is celebrated on every 24th day of April wherein Panchayati Raj system was accorded the constitutional status
- The first National Panchayati Raj Day also called Panchayati Raj Diwas was celebrated in 2010
- The annual celebration is done to commemorate the day on which the 73rd Constitutional Amendment was passed in 1992
- The 73rd Amendment Act came into effect on April 24, 1993
- Panchayati Raj Institution was constitutionalized through the 73rd Constitutional Amendment Act, to build democracy at the grass roots level and was entrusted with the task of rural development in the country.
2022 CELEBRATIONS HIGHLIGHTS
- Celebrated in Jammu & Kashmir
- Property cards under the SVAMITVA scheme were distributed among the beneficiaries that intended to empower the rural masses and make them self-reliant
NATIONAL PANCHAYATI RAJ DAY 2022: AWARDS
- The National Panchayat Awards 2022 were conferred under the following categories:
- Child friendly Gram Panchayat Award – to Gram Panchayats, Village Councils in states/UTs
- Gram Panchayat Development Plan Award – to Gram Panchayats, Village Councils in states/UTs
- Nanaji Deshmukh Rashtriya Gaurav Gram Sabha Puraskar
- Deendayal Upadhyay Panchayat Sashaktikaran Puraskar – To district Panchayats, block panchayats, Gram Panchayats, Village Councils in states/UTs.
- The e-Panchayat Puraskar was conferred to the states which have ensured maximum use of information technology for monitoring works of Panchayats.