Published on: March 13, 2023
NATIONAL PLATFORM FOR DISASTER RISK REDUCTION
Why in news? 3rd Session of the National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (NPDRR) held in New Delhi
- Multi-stakeholder platform
- Constituted by the Government of India in 2013
- Works under Ministry of Home affairs
- Facilitate dialogue, sharing experiences, views, ideas, action-oriented research & explore opportunities in the area of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
- Bring together the whole range of India’s disaster risk community from Government, Parliamentarians, Mayors, Media, International Organizations, NGOs, local community representatives, scientific and academic institutions and corporate businesses etc
- To review the progress made in the field of disaster management from time to time.
- To appreciate the extent and manner in which the Disaster Management Policy has been implemented by the Central and State Governments, and other concerned agencies, and to give appropriate advice in the matter.
- To advise on coordination between the Central and State Governments/UT Administrations, local self-governments and civil society organizations for Disaster Risk Reduction.
- To advice suo-moto or on a reference made by the Central Government or any other State Government or a Union territory Administration on any question pertaining to disaster management.
- To review the National Disaster Management Policy