Published on: September 15, 2021
SNIPPETS – 15 SEPTEMBER 2021
- Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana will be restarted in 36000 villages of India with focus on ST. The scheme was launched in March, 2010 on a pilot basis for the integrated development of 1000 villages each with more than 50% SC population.
- The wholesale price-based inflation (WPI) increased marginally to 11.39 per cent in August 2021 due to higher prices of manufactured goods, even though the prices of food articles softened.
- Greater Noida Authority has planned to introduce innovative ways for door-to-door waste collection efficiently. Innovative methods comprise of high-tech features such as pasting QR codes outside houses, installation of GPC & CCTV on vehicles carrying garbage.
- The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and the Reserve Bank of India have announced their intent to link Singapore’s PayNow and India’s Unified Payments Interface (UPI) real-time payment systems by July 2022.
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of Raja Mahendra Pratap Singh University in UP’s Aligarh. He was a pioneer educationist and freedom fighter.
- According to Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Prime Minister Narendra Modi will participate in Quad leaders’ summit in Washington.The quadrilateral security dialogue includes Japan, India, United States and Australia.
- Ruth Clare D’Silva of Mangaluru has emerged national topper in the Chartered Accountants final exam (old course) for 2021, conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
- Department of Space has signed a MoU with Hyderabad-based Skyroot Aerospace Pvt Ltd. This MoU enables the startup to undertake several tests and access facilities across the ISRO centres. It will also enable the Skyroot to avail technical expertise of ISRO in order to test and qualify their space launch vehicle systems and subsystems.
- National Hindi Day celebrated on September 14
- Indian Navy has handed over a passenger variant Dornier (PVD) aircraft on lease to the Maritime Air Squadron of the National Coast Guard, Mauritius.
- The International Day for South-South Cooperation is observed on September 12, every year by the United Nations.