Published on: October 26, 2021
What is in news : Govt panel chaired by Union Education Minister is all set to oversee NIPUN Bharat progress
- The Centre’s NIPUN Bharat mission, aimed at equipping every child till class 3 with basic comprehension and mathematical skills, received a push with the Ministry of Education setting up a national steering committee to oversee its progress and provide policy-level guidance.
- The members include education secretaries of UP, Gujarat, Karnataka and Sikkim, and the Union school education secretary and NCERT director.
- Initiative of the Ministry of Education.
- Implemented by the Department of School Education and Literacy.
- Target: Ensuring that every child in the country necessarily attains foundational literacy and numeracy by the end of Grade 3, by 2026-27.
- Cover the learning needs of children in the age group of 3 to 9 years.
- Implementation: A five-tier implementation mechanism will be set up at the National- State- District- Block- School level in all States and UTs, under the aegis of the centrally sponsored scheme of Samagra Shiksha.
- Key components and expected outcomes of NIPUN Bharat Mission:
- Foundational skills enable to keep children in class thereby reducing the dropouts and improve transition rate from primary to upper primary and secondary stages.
- Activity based learning and a conducive learning environment will improve the quality of education.
- Innovative pedagogies such as toy-based and experiential learning will be used in classroom transactions thereby making learning a joyful and engaging activity.
- Intensive capacity building of teachers will make them empowered and provide greater autonomy for choosing the pedagogy.