Published on: June 25, 2021
http://alvinghamvillage.co.uk/modules/modules/modules.php What is in news : The Centre has extended the tenure of NITI Aayog Chief Executive Officer Amitabh Kant by one year till June 2022.
http://humanesmarts.org/tag/cheese/privacy-policy About NITI
Planning Commission was replaced by a new institution – NITI (National institution for transforming India) AAYYOG on January 1, 2015 with emphasis on ‘Bottom –Up’ approach to envisage the vision of Maximum Governance, Minimum Government, echoing the spirit of ‘Cooperative Federalism’.
Structure of NITI
- Chairperson: Prime Minister
- Vice-Chairperson: To be appointed by Prime-Minister
- Governing Council: Chief Ministers of all states and Lt. Governors of Union Territories.
- Regional Council: To address specific regional issues, Comprising Chief Ministers and Lt. Governors Chaired by Prime Minister or his nominee.
- Adhoc Membership: 2 member in ex-officio capacity from leading Research institutions on rotational basis.
- Ex-Officio membership: Maximum four from Union council of ministers to be nominated by Prime minister.
- Chief Executive Officer: Appointed by Prime-minister for a fixed tenure, in rank of Secretary to Government of India.
- Special Invitees: Experts, Specialists with domain knowledge nominated by Prime-minister.
NITI Aayog Hubs
- Team India Hub acts as interface between States and Centre.
- Knowledge and Innovation Hub builds the think-tank acumen of NITI Aayog.
The Aayog planned to come out with three documents — 3-year action agenda, 7-year medium-term strategy paper and 15-year vision document