ODISHA – WORLD FOOD PROGRAMME PARTNERSHIP
buy disulfiram uk What is in news: Odisha government and United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) have partnered to improve household food and nutritional security.
Glenmore Park Details
- Household food & nutritional security would be improved by strengthening livelihood initiatives & reaching out to state-supported Women’s Self-Help Groups (WSHGs).
- This is a significant partnership to achieve nutritional security in Odisha which will also focus on empowerment, livelihood and incomes of women.
- Such initiatives are important to address and reduce vulnerabilities across food security.
- This partnership will be in effect till December 2023.
Objective of partnership: Partnership was done do improve linkage of women’s groups with government procurement systems. It will increase awareness on entitlements, build capacity of women’s groups, develop monitoring tools and undertake evaluations to improve functioning of SHGs.
UN World Food Programme (WFP)
- Is a food-assistance branch of United Nations.
- Is world’s largest humanitarian organization, focusing on hunger & food security and is the largest provider of school meals.
- Was founded in 1961 with headquarter in Rome.
- Has served 97 million people across 88 countries, as of 2019.
- Was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2020 for its efforts of providing food assistance in areas with conflict and to prevent use of food as weapon of war & conflict.