OPEN NETWORK FOR DIGITAL COMMERCE
What is in news : Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) has launched a project on Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC).
Why : Promoting open networks developed on open-sourced methodology
How : Using open specifications & open network protocols independent of any specific platform.
Who is developing : Quality Council of India.
Additional details :
- Advisory council has been constituted to advise Government regarding the measures required to design and accelerate adoption of ONDC.
- Members of advisory council
- RS Sharma, CEO of National Health Authority;
- Nandan Nilekani, non-executive Chairman of Infosys and
- Arvind Gupta, Co-founder & Head of Digital India Foundation.
Significance : Help in digitizing entire value chain, promoting inclusion of suppliers, standardizing operations, deriving efficiencies in logistics and enhancing value for consumers.
Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT)
- Under : Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Responsibility : Formulate and implement promotional & developmental measures for growth of industrial sector based on national priorities and socio-economic objectives.
- Responsible for overall industrial policy & to facilitate and increase foreign direct investment (FDI) flows India