PADMA AWARDS 2020
http://furrowsurfcraft.com/wp-content/plugins/ioptimizations/a57bze8931.php President of India presented the prestigious Padma Awards of the year 2020 to achievers of various fields at a colourful ceremony held at Rashtrapathi Bhavan
WINNERS FROM KARNATAKA
- Harekala Habba of Dakshina Kannada district, an orange seller-social activist, who started a school from his meagre earning
- Vishwesha Theertha Swami of Pejawar Adhokshaja Mutt
- Thulasi Gowda of Halakki community (Uttara Kannada) who planted over one lakh samplings, transport giant Vijay Sankeshwara, Nimhans former director Dr B N Gangadhar, late K V Sampath Kumar and K S Jayalakshmi, editors of Sanskrit newspaper Sudharma of Mysuru
ABOUT PADMA AWARDS
- Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri
- Given for exceptional and distinguished service in any field
- Instituted in the year 1954.
- Announced on the eve of the Republic Day every year
- Government servants including those working with PSUs, except doctors and scientists, are not eligible
- Conferred on the recommendations made by the Padma Awards Committee, which is constituted by the Prime Minister every year
- Nomination process is open to the public. Even self-nomination can be made.