Published on: September 3, 2021
purchase Seroquel Who are the Panj Piarae:
- Group of five baptised people
- Concept and tradition
- Founded by 10th Sikh Guru Gobind Singh.
- Guru Established the institution of Panj Piare while founding the Khalsa on the day of Baisakhi in 1699
- Addressing a large gathering, he asked for five heads for sacrifice.
- Five men responded to his call and the Guru baptised them and called them Panj Piare.
- Since then, every group of five baptised Sikhs is called Panj Piare and accorded the respect enjoyed by the first five Sikhs
les Corts Who were the first Panj Piare:
- The Panj Piare were from different castes and states of India.
- Bhai Daya Ram hailed from Lahore
- Bhai Dharam Rai was from Hastinapur in Uttar Pradesh
- Bhai Himmat Rai came from Jagannath in Odisha
- Bhai Mohkam Rai from Gujarat
- Bhai Sahib Chand was from Bidar, Karnataka
What is in news : Former Uttarakhand chief minister Harish Rawat has apologised for comparing Punjab Congress chief Navjot Sidhu and his four advisers to the Panj Piare