Published on: October 31, 2023
Why in news? Pedal Shaale initiative expanded across Bengaluru city
- The Pedal Shaale initiative introduced in Bengaluru on 2023
- Directorate of Urban Land Transport (DULT) and Karnataka Bicycle Dealers’ Association (KBDA) launch free-for-all bicycle training program called Pedal Shaale in Cubbon Park
- The initiative was launched along with Bangalore Bicycle School (BBS), Citizens for Sustainability (CIFoS), and Decathlon.
What is Pedal Shaale?
- It is a certified bicycle training program that intends to facilitate interested citizens to learn cycling and equip them with necessary skills to confidently navigate in Indian traffic on a cycle.
- Its goal is to offer people of all ages and genders the chance to learn cycling on the city’s roads
- To engage with public across the state and increase the adoption of cycling.
- Increase the number of people trained to ride a bicycle.