Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) tested several weapons over the last three days including the extended range Pinaka missile with the Army and a flight test of the indigenously designed and developed Stand-off Anti-Tank Missile (SANT)
- The system is jointly designed by laboratories of DRDO – Armament Research & Development Establishment (ARDE), Pune and High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL), Pune.
- The DRDO, after establishing the performance efficacy of the enhanced range Pinaka, transferred the technology of the system to the industry.
- The Industry Partner has manufactured enhanced Pinaka Mk-1 rockets with DRDO’s hand holding during the production and Quality Assurance.
- The Pinaka-ER is the upgraded version of earlier Pinaka version which has been in service with the Indian Army for the last decade.
- The system has been designed in the light of emerging requirements with advanced technologies enhancing the range.