PM KISAN SAMMAN NIDHI YOJANA
Celebration of 3rd Anniversary of PM-Kisan Scheme
LAUNCHED – 24th February, 2019
AIM – Supplement financial needs of land holding farmers
WHAT IS IN IT – Financial benefit of Rs 6000/- per year in three equal instalments, every four month is transferred into the bank accounts of farmers’ families across the country through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode
- Initially meant for small and marginal farmers (SMFs) having landholding upto 2 hectares but scope of the scheme was extended to cover all landholding farmers
- There have been multiple set of technological & process advancements done in the scheme so that maximum number of beneficiaries can take the advantage of the same in an efficient way
- Process of Self-registration of beneficiaries has been made simple and easy through mobile app, PM KISAN portal and walk-ins via Common Service Centers in order to give the maximum benefit to the farmers.
- In case of ineligible beneficiary, recovery mechanism has been made very smooth and transparent which doesn’t require Demand Draft or physical cheque to be submitted by the state
- The process includes auto transfer from state nodal department’s account to central government account which made this process very efficient and less time consuming
- A centralized helpdesk has also been introduced in order to support the beneficiaries regarding any issues faced during the registration process or for any other query
- Mandatory physical verification of 5% beneficiary every year is being done as per the provisions laid down in the scheme
- Beneficiary database in this scheme is being regularly validated with income tax payee database in order to have an audited and authenticated user base.
- Aadhar validation has been made compulsory