Published on: October 21, 2022
Mirnyy Why in news?
buy Seroquel cod Pokkali paddy saw a good harvest this year
- It is a unique saline tolerant rice variety that is cultivated using extensive aquaculture in an organic way in the water-logged coastal regions, spread in about 5000 hectares area in Alappuzha, Thrissur and Ernakulam districts of Kerala in Southern India.
- The brand Pokkali has received a GI tag from the Geographical Indications Registry Office, Chennai.
- It is an ancient farming practice where one season of rice farming is alternated with another season of fish culture
- Rice farming and fish farming are mutually complementary.
- The person has to stand in waist-deep water to harvest the mature paddy stalk
- The cycle is from April 15 to November 15 with shrimp and fish farmers occupying the fields in the remaining period.