Published on: March 18, 2022
The Kerala High Court asked organisations associated with the film industry to take steps to constitute a joint committee to deal with cases of sexual harassment of women, in line with the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act of 2013
- FULL FORM – Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition, and Redressal) Act, 2013 (also referred to as the “POSH Act”)
- Came into existence in 2013
- Establishes a mechanism for dealing with sexual harassment complaints in the workplace
- Has been implemented to prevent and protect women from sexual harassment at the workplace and thereby ensure a safe working environment for women
- Mandatary compliance, requires every company having more than ten employees to constitute an Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) in the prescribed manner to receive and address the complaints of any sort of sexual harassment from women in a time-bound and extremely confidential manner.
- The person who can file a complaint has to be a woman