Published on: June 14, 2023
Poshan Tracker app
Why in news? Poshan app helps migrant workers access Anganwadi services during relocation.
- Migrant workers registered for the One Nation, One Anganwadi programme, if people relocate to another State, they can receive benefits by the government to children under six years of age and pregnant and lactating women.
About Poshan tracker app
- It is also known as ICDS-CAS (Integrated Child Development Services-Common Application Software)
- Aim : Provides a 360-degree view of the activities of the Anganwadi Centre (AWC), service deliveries of Anganwadi Workers (AWWs) and complete beneficiary management for pregnant women, lactating mothers and children.
- Ministry : Women and Child development
- The mobile application also digitizes and automates physical registers used by AWWs that helps improving their quality of work.
- The Anganwadi workers are being provided smartphones procured through the Government e-Marketplace (GeM) for efficient service delivery.
- A nodal person has been appointed for providing technical support and resolving any issue about downloading the application and its functioning in each State.