Published on: December 16, 2022
Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK)
Why in news? Recently Minister of Minority Affairs, Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha informed about the Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK)
About Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram (PMJVK)
- It is Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS)
- Parent Ministry: Ministry of Minority Affairs,
- Objective: Develop infrastructure projects in identified areas, for socio economic development of 1300 identified Minority Concentration Areas (MCAs)
- Priority sectors: Education, health, skill development, women centric projects etc
- North Eastern Region: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura are covered under PMJVK.
- The proposals under PMJVK are sent by the States/Union Territories (UTs) as per demand for infrastructure in the identified areas, considered and approved by the Empowered Committee (EC) of PMJVK, after consultation with the concerned Central Ministries.
- Scheme is a demand driven scheme and State/ UT-wise allocation of funds is not made under the scheme.
- It covers Aspirational Districts also.
- Projects under PMJVK for land procurement
- Deals with land already available with the State/ UT. Central Government does not acquire land for construction under the scheme.
- The land cost or land acquisition costs are not covered under this programme.
- Provides for quarterly meeting by the District Level Committee to review the progress of implementation of the projects under PMJVK and submission of reports to the State Level Committee (SLC).