Published on: October 31, 2021
PUBLIC AFFAIRS INDEX 2021
What is in news : Public Affairs Centre has released Public Affairs Index 2021
- Prepared based on the scores secured by states in governance performance on the pillars of equity, sustainability and growth.
- Also includes ranking of the states on the basis of their performance during the COVID-19 pandemic, apart from a Delta Analysis measuring year-on-year performance and Cluster Analysis of states.
- Assesses the states on the basis of their implementation of centrally sponsored-programmes of rural employment guarantee scheme, integrated child development service, national health mission, mid-day meal scheme and Samagra Siksha Abhiyan.
- Kerala, Tamil Nadu & Telangana emerged as winners among 18 large states in governance performance.
- Karnataka dropped to the seventh rank with a score of 0.121. It was in the fourth position last year.
- Engages in action research focussing on Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the context of India
- Not for profit Think Tank established in 1994 with a mandate to improve the quality of governance in India.
- Pioneer in deploying innovative Social Accountability Tools (SAT) to measure the quality and adequacy of public services.
- One of the first civil society-led institutional initiatives to mobilise demand for good governance in India. Dr. Samuel Paul (Founder Chairman) was instrumental in establishing PAC with a select group of friends.
- Registered under Karnataka Societies Registration Act 1960 as a Society.