PUBLIC DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM
http://simplecommunion.com/2010/10/4x4/ The Karnataka Agricultural Price Commission (KAPC) has recommended to the State Government to seek permission from the Centre for increasing the procurement of quantity of foodgrains under the MSP for distribution at subsidised prices under the public distribution system (PDS).
MAHITI FOR PRELIMS
- System of management for food and distribution of food grains
- Comprises a string of shops eligible to distribute basic food and non-food commodities to those people coming under the poverty line at very low prices.
- Central and state governments are deemed to regulate the Public distribution system
- Central government is liable for procurement, preservation, transportation, and bulk allocation of food grains
- State governments
- hold the liability of distributing the food to the people, by the way, established system of Fair Price Shops.
- liable for operational responsibilities comprising an identification of families coming under the poverty line, allocation of ration cards, management and monitoring the functioning of the FPSs system (PDS) is an Indian food security system