QR CODE FOR WASTE COLLECTION
http://thisistanuja.com/deepblueshe What is in news : Greater Noida Authority has planned to introduce innovative ways for door-to-door waste collection efficiently. Innovative methods comprise of high-tech features such as pasting QR codes outside houses, installation of GPC & CCTV on vehicles carrying garbage.
Vahdat Details :
- Authority has made several changes in present method of garbage collection.
- It will keep a close eye on the process of collection of garbage by digital means.
- CCTV cameras will also be installed at the waste processing plant to monitor the movement of vehicles engaged in carrying garbage.
- How QR codes will work: Every house will comprise of a QR code. Whenever the waste picker will pick up the garbage from particular house, he will scan the code through mobile scanner. As and when scan is done, its information will reach to the vendor. The vendor will compile the information and provide monthly information to the authority.
- Role of GPS: Global Positioning System (GPS) will help in monitoring the vehicles engaged in garbage collection. As of now, GPS was being used only in vehicles doing mechanical sweeping of roads.