QS WORLD RANKINGS 2022
http://aceliverpoolescorts.co.uk/46ou/what-happens-when-you-embarrass-a-narcissist.html What is in news : Quacquarelli Symonds popularly called as QS World Rank of universities was recently released for the year 2022.
appropriately Key findings :
- Jawaharlal Nehru University has entered the top 1 ,000, as its new undergraduate engineering programme now makes it eligible for the rating
- 22 Indian institutions in the top 1,000 list compared to 21 last year, with the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) in Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur and Madras making major strides in rankings. Among the 22 Indian institutions in the top 1,000, four (IIT-Bombay, IISc, IIT Roorkee and OP Jindal Global University) have fallen in rank over the past 12 months.
- Seven (IIT-Delhi, IIT-Madras, IIT-Kanpur, IIT-Kharagpur, IIT-Guwahati, IIT-Hyderabad and Savitribai Phule Pune University) have risen in position. Last year, as many as 14 universities had fallen in rank, and only four had gained.
- IIT-Bombay continues to be India’s best higher education institution for the fourth consecutive year, holding 177th position although it fell five places over the last year.
- IIT-Delhi comes next, rising from 193 to 185 over the last 12 months, overtaking IISc, which ranks 186th. IISc remains the world’s top research university, maintaining a perfect score of 100/100 for this metric.
- IIT Bombay maintained its position as the top Indian institution for the fourth consecutive year, although it fell five places in the global rankings to the joint 177th position
- IISc remains the world’s top research university, maintaining a perfect score of 100/100 for this metric.
About the QS World Subject Rankings:
- Quacquarelli Symonds (QS)
- Is a leading global career and education network for ambitious professionals looking to further their personal and professional development.
- Develops and successfully implements methods of comparative data collection and analysis used to highlight institutions’ strengths.
- Six parameters and their weightage for the evaluation:
- Academic Reputation (40%)
- Employer Reputation (10%)
- Faculty/Student Ratio (20%)
- Citations per faculty (20%)
- International Faculty Ratio (5%)
- International Student Ratio (5%)
- QS World University Rankings by Subject: It calculates performance based on four parameters — academic reputation, employer reputation, research impact (citations per paper) and the productivity of an institution’s research faculty.
Top Performers: Globally Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT -USA) and Harvard (USA) are among top performers, Russia and China record best-ever performances.