Published on: February 12, 2022
QUAD FOREIGN MINISTERS MEETING
4th Quad Foreign Ministers Meet was recentl held in Melbourne
WHAT IS QUAD – Quadrilateral security dialogue
COUNTRIES – Japan, India, United States and Australia
WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE GROUPING:
- Opportunity for like-minded countries to share notes and collaborate on projects of mutual interest.
- Members share a vision of an open and free Indo-Pacific.
- Each is involved in development and economic projects as well as in promoting maritime domain awareness and maritime security.
WHAT HAPPEN AT THE MEET
- Called for a free and open Indo-pacific and urged member nations to work towards ensuring a rule-based international order.
- Called upon the member nations to work towards rule-based international order which is free from coercion and respects “territorial integrity and sovereignty, rule of law, transparency, freedom of navigation in the international seas and peaceful resolution.”
- Increase cooperating on sharing intelligence on threats in the Indo-Pacific region.