RAIL KAUSHAL VIKAS YOJANA
What is in news : Indian Railways took a leap in advancement of Skill India Mission by launching the “Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana (RKVY)” under the aegis of “Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)”.
- Under Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana, training will be provided to 50,000 candidates over a period of three years.
- The training will initially be provided to 1000 candidates in four trades -Welder, Electrician, Fitter and Machinist. The training will include basic initial training of 100 hours.
- A total of 75 Railway Training Institutes have been shortlisted from across the country to provide training in the mentioned disciplines to cover youth from all over the country.
- The training programs in other trades will be added by zonal railways and production units based on regional demands and needs assessment.
- The training will be completely free of cost and the participants will be selected based on the applications received online.
- The selection process will follow a transparent mechanism based on marks in matriculation.
- A nodal website will be developed as a single source of information regarding the training programs, notification inviting application, selected candidates lists, selection results, final assessment and study material.
- All trainees will have to undergo a standardized assessment and will be awarded certificates in their respective trade by the National Rail & Transportation Institute after completion of their training.
- They will also be given relevant toolkits that would help them utilize their learnings and enhance their capacity for employability in various industries.
MAHITI FOR PRELIMS
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- Launched in 2015
- Under Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE)
- Implemented by National Skill Development Corporation.
- Objective: is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood.
- Individuals with prior learning experience or skills will also be assessed and certified under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).