Published on: November 29, 2021
Yōkaichiba Recently, Habibganj railway station of Bhopal has been renamed as ‘Rani Kamalapati’ station.
WHO IS RANI KAMALAPATI
- Widowed wife of ‘Nizam Shah’, the ruler of ‘Gond dynasty’ in the 18th century
- Ruled over the then princely state of Ginnaurgarh, 55 km from Bhopal
- Nizam Shah was murdered
- ‘Rani Kamalapati’ bravely faced the attackers during her reign.
- “Last Hindu queen of Bhopal”
- Did remarkable work in the field of water management during his reign and established many parks and temples.
Gonds Tribe of India
- Largest tribal groups in the world.
- Mostly live in Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal and Odisha.
- Gonds are subdivided into four tribes:
- Raj Gonds
- Madia Gonds
- Dhurve Gonds
- Khatulwar Gonds
- Staple food is two kinds of millet: kodo and kutki.
- Rice is mostly consumed during festival feasts.
- Believe that earth, water and air are ruled by Gods.
- Majorly speak Gondi which is an unwritten language of the Dravidian family.
- It has been notified as a Scheduled Tribe.