Published on: November 10, 2022
Why in news?
Judgment pronounced by NGT said Ranthambore fest to be held after considering impact on wildlife
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has ordered that Ranthambore Festival, a musical extravaganza proposed to be conducted close to the Ranthambore Tiger Reserve in Rajasthan, can be held only if it is permitted by the authorities
- Event can be held only if so permitted and subject to such conditions as laid down by a joint committee of National Wildlife Board, GoI and Chief Wildlife Warden, Rajasthan, after due consideration of its impact on the wildlife and the ecosystem
- Court said that as per the government guidelines, an approval of a standing committee of the National Board of Wildlife is required for activities within 10 km from boundaries of national parks and wildlife sanctuaries.
Ranthambore National Park
- It is a national park in Rajasthan, India.
- Rivers : North by the Banas River and to the south by the Chambal River.
- Vegetation: Deciduous forests and open grassy meadow. Ecoregion includes Khathiar-Gir dry deciduous forests.
- Nearest city: Sawai Madhopur