Published on: April 15, 2022
RASHTRIYA GRAM SWARAJ ABHIYAN
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved continuation of the revamped Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan (RGSA) till 2026
buy original provigil online DETAILS
- Capabilities will be developed to deliver the SDGs through local governance that will be inclusive along with a focus on the optimum utilisation of all available resources.
- PRIs will be able to deliver SDG localization based on the themes that are
- healthy, child-friendly, and water sufficient village
- enhanced livelihood and poverty-free villages
- village infrastructure that will be self-sufficient and socially secured villages
- green and clean village
- engendered development in the village
- village with good governance
- Strengthening the Gram Sabhas so that they can function as an effective institution and also include vulnerable groups
- Focus will be given to the capacity development like adequate infrastructure and human resources of the PRIs at the national, district, and state levels
- Panchayats will be able to strengthen themselves progressively through various incentives that will be provided on the basis of the criteria of recognizing Panchayats’ roles in achieving SDGs and instilling the spirit of healthy competition
- Vision – achieving “Sabka Sath, Sabka Gaon, Sabka Vikas”
- As panchayats have representation of Schedule Castes, Schedule Tribes and women, and are institutions closest to the grassroots, strengthening panchayats will promote equity and inclusiveness, along with social justice and economic development of the community.
- Increased use of e-governance by PRIs will help achieve improved service delivery and transparency.
- It will establish the institutional structure for capacity building of PRIs at the national, state and district level with adequate human resources and infrastructure.