Published on: February 6, 2023
http://acorncentre.co.uk/wp-json/oembed/1.0/embed?url=https://acorncentre.co.uk/events/table-tennis/ Why in news? purchase cheap online Seroquel The birth anniversary of saint-poet Guru Ravidas is celebrated on Magh Purnima called as Guru Ravidas Jayanti on 5th of February .
- This year is marked as Kaarina 646th birth anniversary of mystic poet and saint
- From performing aarti to taking a holy dip at the varanasi ghats of his birthplace, devotees mark Guru Ravidas Jayanti in a grand way.
- An event is organised every year at Shri Guru Ravidas Janam Asthan Mandir (Guru Ravidas’ birthplace) to remember him
Carouge About Ravidas
- He was an Indian mystic poet-saint of the Bhakti movement during the 15th to 16th century CE.
- His occupation was leather work(Cobbler )
- He mainly focused on the nirguna (without attributes, abstract) form of supreme beings.
- He is also the central figure within the Ravidassia religious movement.
- Nabhadas’s Bhaktamal, suggest that Ravidas was the disciple of the Brahmin bhakti-poet Ramananda.
- He is traditionally considered as Kabir’s younger contemporary.
- Ravidas’s devotional verses were included in the Sikh scriptures known as Guru Granth Sahib.
- The Panch Vani text of the Dadu Panthi tradition within Hinduism also includes numerous poems of Ravidas.
- Parchais text of Anantadas , has Ravidas among the sants whose biography and poems were included.