Published on: November 23, 2021
RAYANNA SAINIK SCHOOL
http://realtypad.net/alfacgiapi The Karnataka government is likely to hand over the Sainik school being developed in the name of freedom fighter Sangolli Rayanna at his birthplace in Belgavi district, to the Defence Ministry
- System of schools established and managed by the Sainik Schools Society under Ministry of Defence (MoD) as joint venture with the respective state governments
- Conceived in 1961 by V. K. Krishna Menon, the then Defence Minister of India, to rectify the regional and class imbalance amongst the Officer cadre of the Indian Military
- Prepare students mentally and physically for entry into the National Defence Academy (NDA) and Indian Naval Academy (INA)
- MoD provides annual funding and serving officers in the key roles such as Principal.
- State governments provide the land, infrastructure, and other teaching and administrative employees
- Follow the “CBSE Plus” by using CBSE curriculum while additionally aiming to prepare children for entry into NDA and INA.