Published on: July 30, 2023
RECENT ECONOMIC REFORMS
1.DIRECT LISTING REFORMS
- A direct listing is a process for a company to become public without going through the initial public offering process
- In 2020, the Centre amended the Companies Act, allowing the direct listing of Indian companies on foreign stock exchanges, but the framework has not been put in place so far
- Companies can now register on IFSC (Gift city, Gujarat) exchanges even if they are not listed on any of the exchanges in the country , allowing Direct listing of securities by domestic companies in foreign jurisdictions by which Indian companies to access foreign funds on various exchanges overseas.
2.CORPORATE DEBT MARKET DEVELOPMENT FUND LAUNCHED
3.LIMITED PURPEOSE CLEARING CORPORATION LAUNCHED
- It is an entity established to undertake the activity of clearing and settlement of repo transactions.
- The mechanism will be used
- To settle disputes between clearing members;
- Contention between the clearing members and their clients
- Differences between the LPCC and its vendors
- Disputes between clearing members or its clients and the LPCC.