Published on: October 25, 2022
Rozgar Mela – recruitment drive
Why in news?
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi launched Rozgar Mela the recruitment drive for 10 lakh personnel. During the ceremony, appointment letters were handed over to 75,000 newly inducted appointees
- This initiative will be a significant step towards fulfilling the government continuous commitment to providing job opportunities for the youth and ensuring the welfare of citizens.
- As per the directions of the Prime Minister, all Ministries and Departments are working towards filling up existing vacancies against sanctioned posts in Mission Mode.
- The new recruits, selected from across the country, will join various Ministries/Departments of Government of India.
- The appointees will join the government at various levels Group – A, Group – B (Gazetted), Group – B (Non-Gazetted) and Group – C. The posts on which appointments are being made include Central Armed Force Personnel, Sub Inspector, Constable, LDC, Steno, PA, Income Tax Inspectors, and MTS among others.
- These recruitments are being done in mission mode by ministries and departments either by themselves or through recruiting agencies such as UPSC, SSC and Railway Recruitment Board.Selection processes have been simplified and made tech-enabled for expeditious recruitment.
- With the 75 years of independence, the central government is giving appointment letters to these youths under a special program