Beylagan Why in news? The http://annedickson.co.uk/talking-points/the-price-women-pay/?replytocom=23 86th edition of Akhila Bharata Kannada Sahitya Sammelana (all-India Kannada literary meet) in Haveri has turned the spotlight on a vital debate as increased political and ideological interventions displaced the very spirit of the Sammelanas
- In every edition over quality and utility of the Sammelanas, Kannada literary space appears to have different sets of writers, with their own stakes in the event.
- Bangalore Literature Festival (2012) and Dharwad Sahitya Sambhrama (2013), which ensured a platform for serious minds, maintaining a distance from political and ideological boundaries to express themselves.
How could Sahitya Sammelana help in fostering lingual identity ?
- The Sammelana is a big platform for ordinary people to think about their identity in terms of language, culture and literature,
- It would serve as bridge between youth literary minds and progressive writers
- It would help for the growth of a language depends on employment opportunities, business deals, and interactions between states and countries
About Kannada Sahitya Sammelana
- It is the premier gathering of writers, poets and Kannadigas.
- Aim: Preserving and developing the Kannada language, its literature, art, culture and music.
- Started: 1915 by H. V. Nanjundaiah at Bangalore.
- It used to be inaugurated by prominent writers and poets from 1915 to 1948.
- Current inauguration : Chief Minister of Karnataka.
- Organised by: The Kannada Sahitya Parishat.
- Most recent: February 2020 in Kalburgi
- Next event: 2022 in Haveri(86th edition)
- President (2022): Doddarangegowda