Published on: August 6, 2021
Lormont What is in news : Government has informed Parliament that 13 plants under SATAT have initiated supply of Compressed Bio Gas
new order lyrics SATAT INITIATIVE
- Stands for Sustainable Alternative Towards Affordable Transportation
- Initiative aimed at setting up Compressed Bio-Gas production plants and makes them available in the market for use in automotive fuels by inviting Expression of Interest from potential entrepreneurs
- Launched in October 2018 by the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas in association with the PSUs- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd
- CBG plants are proposed to be set up mainly through independent entrepreneurs.
- CBG produced at these plants will be transported through cascades of cylinders to the fuel station networks of OMCs for marketing as a green transport fuel alternative.