http://ayurvedic-treatment.com/tag/effective/ Why in news? A bird survey conducted at the Silent Valley National Park in Kerala marked the 30th anniversary
generic cytotec online no prescription Highlights
- Park identified 141 species, of which 17 were new.
- First survey was held in the December 1990
- Recent Survey was held in association with the Kerala Natural History Society
- Brown wood owl, Banded bay cuckoo, Malabar woodshrike, White-throated kingfisher, Indian nightjar, Jungle nightjar, and Large cuckooshrike were among the 17 species newly identified in the Silent Valley.
- Birds such as Crimson-backed sunbird, Yellow-browed bulbul, Black bulbul, Indian white-eye and Indian swiftlet were found in abundance in Valley.
Silent Valley National Park
- Location : Kerala
- Part of rich biodiversity of Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve
- Mukurthi National Park of Nilgiris district, are located around Silent Valley National Park.
- River :Bhavani River, a tributary of Kaveri River, Kadalundi River and Kunthipuzha River, a tributary of Bharathappuzha river a originate in the vicinity of Silent Valley
- Vegetation : South Western Ghats mountain rain forests and tropical moist evergreen forest
- Fauna: home to the largest population of lion-tailed macaques
- Indigenous People: Mudugar, Irula and Kurumbar
Environmental Concern :
- Valley became the focus of “Save Silent Valley“, India’s fiercest environmental movement of the decade, when the Kerala State Electricity Board decided to implement the Silent Valley Hydro-Electric Project (SVHEP) centered on a dam across the Kunthipuzha River resulting in cancelling of project
- Home to some of India’s largest illegal plantations of cannabis
- Fire is one of the major threats facing forests in Kerala