Desnogorsk Why in news? For the first time, India is constructing i want to order clomid “permanent vertical bunkers” to station BSF troops at Sir Creek and ‘Harami Nalla’ marshy area along the India-Pakistan International Border in Gujarat
- The Union Home Ministry construction of eight multi-storeyed bunkers cum observation posts in this area along the Bhuj sector in view of the constant infiltration of Pakistani fishermen and fishing boats in the area
About Sir Creek
- Originally Ban Ganga, is a tidal estuary in the uninhabited marshlands of the Indus River Delta
- Location : Border between India and Pakistan.
- The creek flows into the Arabian Sea and separates Gujarat state in India from Sindh province in Pakistan
- It is home to flamingoes and other migratory birds.
- Two channels, the Harami Nala and Bondho Dhoro, are of specific concern to India for preventing infiltration and illegal activities.
- It offers immense economic gain a region is rich in oil and gas below the sea bed, and control over the creek would have a huge bearing on the energy potential of each nation
- Boundary can only be fixed in the middle of the navigable channel, which meant that it has been divided between Sindh and Kutch, and thereby India and Pakistan.
- India supports its stance by citing the thalweg doctrine in international law
- If thalweg principle applied to the current channel, Pakistan and India would both lose small amounts of wetland territory that were historically part of their provinces