SKOCH ‘EASE OF DOING BUSINESS’ AWARD
outlandishly Why in news?
http://blumberger.net/ebk/index.php The West Bengal government has bagged the SKOCH award for ‘ease of doing businesses
- According to the SKOCH state of governance report 2021, West Bengal has topped nationally in the ‘Ease of Doing Business’, as a part of several initiatives by the government.
- This award is being given for the initiatives taken in introducing around 100 new online services, reduction and rationalisation of around 500 business-related compliance burdens on industry, development of department-wise dashboards, etc under Egiye Bangla
- The ‘Star of Governance’ SKOCH award is being conferred
- The government had received four SKOCH awards for its schemes under the Ease of Doing Business initiative last year too. The state scheme Silpasathi, the online singlewindow portal, won the platinum award and the AutoRenewal of Certificate of Enlistment through online system for urban areas had received the gold award
- Incidentally, in education too, the state won the award a week back. The SKOCH award for education too will be conferred on the state in New Delhi on June 18 as part of the India Governance Forum.
- Bengal was in fifth position in the education sector in 2017. According to the SKOCH report, projects such as Banglar Shiksha 3.0 and Banglar UchchaShiksha are transforming the education landscape in the state.
- The state acquired the second overall position in the ‘SKOCH State of Governance 2021’ report. For past four years, Bengal managed to be among the top 3 performers. It was ranked first in 2018
- It was instituted in 2003 and recognises people, projects and institutions that go the extra mile to make India a better nation.
It recognises the best of efforts in the area of digital, financial and social inclusion, governance, inclusive growth, excellence in technology and applications, change management, corporate leadership, corporate governance, citizen service delivery, capacity building and empowerment.