SNIPPETS – 1 June 2022
The joint committee appointed by the National Green Tribunal (NGT) to look into the causes of pollution in Ulsoor Lake has asked the civic body to modernise its slaughterhouse on Tannery Road by March 31, 2024.
- The Central government has revised the premium rates for Campos Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY). premium for both schemes that includes revising PMJJBY from Rs. 330 to Rs. 436 and PMSBY from Rs. 12 to Rs. 20
- The Tamil Nadu government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) for obtaining life certificate from pensioners through doorstep services of the Postal Department.
- The Union health ministry released detailed guidelines on surveillance, identification, confirmation, and treatment of the http://skywaysmedia.co.uk/blog/wp-includes/css/css.php monkey pox viral infection in the country.
- In a major boost to the domestic defence manufacturing capacity, the government has placed an order for a Rs 3,000-crore Astra MK1 missile designed and manufactured indigenously.
- The James Webb Space Telescope will begin with in-depth scientific observations. Among the investigations that are planned for the telescope’s first year are two exoplanets classified as “super-Earths”: the lava covered 55 Cancri e and the atmosphere-less LHS 3844 b.
Hurricane Agatha caused flooding and mudslides in Mexico