Published on: December 10, 2021
SNIPPETS – 10 DECEMBER 2021
- The BMTC, in collaboration with the Building and Construction Workers Welfare Board, is issuing Sahayahasta bus passes, which can be used for free travel, to construction workers registered with the board.
- With 94.57% of the 4.89 crore eligible population in the State having been jabbed with the first dose till Thursday, Karnataka has moved up to the first position among larger States in terms of first dose vaccination.Karnataka, which stood in the third position in first dose administration till a week ago, is now followed by Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh where 94.46% and 93.83% of the target population has been covered with one dose, according to data from CoWIN.
- To ease tax burden on industries and encourage entrepreneurs to set up units, the State Cabinet on Thursday decided to create a separate slab of property tax to be levied on industries/industrial areas developed by KIADB and KSSIDC falling under urban local bodies (ULBs) This will be done by bringing in amendments to the Karnataka Municipal Corporations Act, 1976, and the Karnataka Municipalities Act, 1964
- PM congratulates H. E. Olaf Scholz on being elected as Federal Chancellor of Germany
- Ahmedabad-based Balkrishna Doshi will receive the Royal Gold Medal 2022 by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), the world’s highest honour for architecture.
- The performance of Centre’s Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Scheme in the states has not been up to the mark, the Committee on Empowerment of Women has said in its latest report. The scheme was started in 2015 to promote gender equality
- More than One Lakh pensioners are currently being serviced by Principal Controller of Communication Accounts/ Controller of Communication Accounts offices all over India via SAMPANN project that provides direct credit of pension into the bank accounts of pensioners
- India’s retail inflation accelerated in Nov. to 5.1%. Retail Inflation, refers to the rate of inflation based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI) which is an index that tracks the daily consumption of households and the change in the price of the goods and services these households spend on.
- H5N1 influenza outbreak reported in Kerala. H5N1 virus causes a highly infectious, severe respiratory disease in birds
- The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) virtually launched “Certification Course on Home Energy Audit (HEA)”. A Home Energy Audit (HEA) enables appropriate accounting, quantification, verification, monitoring, and analysis of energy use of various energy-consuming equipment and appliances in a house
- PM pays tributes to C. Rajagopalachari on his Jayanti
- U.S. President Joe Biden kicked off Summit for Democracy, calling on countries to make “concrete commitments” to reaffirm their democratic values.
- The National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS), Government of India in association with Data Security Council of India (DSCI), as a Knowledge Partner, organized Seminar on “Securing Cyberspace in the Contemporary Threat Environment” for delegates from Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)Member States. dia assumed the Chairmanship of Council of Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure of SCO(RATS SCO) recently