Published on: October 10, 2022
Snippets: 10 October 2022
- privily Tipu Express is renamed as Wodeyar Express.it plies between Mysuru and Bengaluru. http://alittlebitdifferent.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http://alittlebitdifferent.com/duck/ Mysuru to Talaguppa express has been named after poet laureate Kuvempu.
- Kisan Swaraj Sammelan to be held in Mysuru. The city will host the 5 th Kisan Swaraj Sammelan of Alliance for Sustainable and Holistic Agriculture (ASHA) from November 11 to 13 in collaboration with the Karnataka State Open University (KSOU).
- The Government appointed former Eastern Army Commander General Anil Chauhan (Retd) as the next Chief of Defence Staff (CDS). The post has been vacant since the untimely death of the country’s first CDS Gen. Bipin Rawat in a helicopter crash in December 2021.
- Senior advocate Venkataramani has been appointed as the new Attorney General (AG) of Indiaby President Droupadi Murmu for a period of three year. Mr. Venkataramani will succeed K. K. Venugopal
- The Government of Odisha, in collaboration with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), hosted the Odisha Investors’ Meet in Bengaluru.
- The World Bank has estimated that India will grow 6.5% in the current fiscal year (FY22-23), after having grown at 8.7% in the fiscal year ended March 31. The Indian economy is expected to speed up to 7.0% in the next fiscal year, before settling back down to 6.1% in FY24-25.
- India’s unemployment rate drastically dropped to 6.43% in September due to an increase in labour participation in the rural and urban areas, according to data from the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE).
- Scientists from Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) have mapped out the global distribution of sodium on the Moon’s surface. They used the CLASS instrument (Chandrayaan-2 large area soft X-ray spectrometer) carried by the second Indian Moon mission, Chandrayaan-2
- Hurricane Ian made landfall in southwest Florida near Cayo Costa.it is regarded as a massive Category 4 storm.
- Tropical storm Julia turned into a hurricane as it passed the Colombian island San Andres and headed toward the Caribbean coast of Nicaragua with maximum sustained winds of 75 mph (120 km/hr)
- Nobel Peace Prize 2022: The 2022 Nobel Peace Prize has been jointly awarded to Belarusian human rights advocate Ales Bialiatski, the Russian human rights organisation Memorial, and the Ukrainian human rights organisation Centre for Civil Liberties. The award was announced by the Norwegian Nobel Committee in Oslo
- The Nobel Prize for Physiology this year has been awarded to Svante Pääbo, Swedish geneticist, who pioneered the field of palaeogenomics, or the study of ancient hominins by extracting their DNA.
- Nobel Prize in physics: Alain Aspect from the University of Paris-Saclay, France; John F. Clauserof John F. Clauser and Associates, California, U.S.; and Anton Zeilinger, University of Vienna, Austria. They have been awarded “for experiments with entangled photons, establishing the violation of Bell inequalities and pioneering quantum information science”
- Nobel prize in chemistry : A trio of chemists, Carolyn Bertozzi, Morten Meldal and Barry Sharpless, are this year’s Nobel laureates for Chemistry. They won it for pioneering ‘click chemistry’, which underpins green chemistry.