Published on: October 15, 2023
Snippets : 11-12 OCTOBER 2023
- ‘Operation Ajay’ set to evacuate Indian nationals from Israel. Operation Kaveri that brought back several thousand Indian citizens from conflict-torn Sudan.
- Karnataka government has constituted a 15-member committee to formulate the Karnataka State Education Policy (KSEP) under the chairmanship of Sukhdev Thorat, educationist, economist, and former chairman of University Grant Commission.
- Karnataka Cabinet gives in-principle nod to declare eco-sensitive zones in six forest areas. The six forest areas are: Kappattagudda, Bukkapatna, Kammasandra, Nagarahole, Cauvery Wildlife Sanctuary, and Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Union Minister Anurag Thakur launched the trailer of KTB- Bharat Hain Hum, an animated series spread over two seasons featuring stories from the Indian freedom struggle. Produced by the Information and Broadcasting Ministry’s Central Bureau of Communication and Graphiti Studios. Doordarshan will telecast the series which will also be available in OTT platform. The series was an effort to educate youth about the lesser known but significant contributors to the freedom struggle, who were forgotten by the education system of the past.
- Turkey’s vowed to intensify strikes against Kurdish fighters in Syria and Iraq. It has been bombing sites in northeast Syria, hitting civilian and military targets.
- MTR Foods, which owns the popular spices and curry powder brands MTR and Eastern, has been renamed Orkla India
- John’s Research Institute (SJRI) in Bengaluru is one of the four international sites that will actively collaborate with Cornell University in the USA for development, deployment, clinical validation, and commercialisation of point-of-care (POC) diagnostic devices and technologies.
- The Butterfly Park Breeding Centre is established at the Bannerghatta Biological Park
- India and Italy signed a defence cooperation agreement to promote cooperation in varied defence domains such as “security and defence policy, R&D, education in military field, maritime domain awareness, sharing of defence information and industrial cooperation, including co-development, co-production and setting up of joint ventures”.
- An eight-foot-tall statue of Mahatma Gandhi has been unveiled at Tolstoy Farm, the commune that where he had started during his tenure as a lawyer here in South Africa in the early 20th century.
- Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty became the first Indian doubles pair to achieve the coveted World No. 1 ranking, following its gold medal-winning feat at the Asian Games recently.
- Baiga tribal group gets habitat rights in Chhattisgarh
- October 11th is marked annually as International Day of the Girl Child. Theme for 2023 is “Invest in Girls’ Rights: Our Leadership, Our Well-being”
- According to the Wildlife Trust of India, elusive dancing frogs of the Western Ghats is one of the most threatened amphibian genus.