Published on: April 12, 2022
SNIPPETS – 11 APRIL 2022
- Bengaluru has become the first Indian city to get into the global network of silk cities. It is part of Silk Metropolis community
- Pollutants like microplastics may be causing growth defects in fish, including skeletal deformities, in the Cauvery river, a new study by IISC has revealed
- Birth Anniversary of Jyotiba Phule celebrated.
- The 20th Meeting of National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) was held in Pakke tiger reserve in Arunachal Pradesh recently under the chairmanship of Union Minister for Environment, Forest & Climate Change. For the first time in history the NTCA meeting happened outside the national capital.
- As per Ministry of Earth Sciences Bengal coast faces most erosion
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has recently released guidelines for the banks of the country to set up digital banking units (DBUs). They are specialised fixed point business unit / hub housing certain minimum digital infrastructure for delivering digital banking products & services
- The World Homoeopathy Day is observed on April 10 to commemorate the birth anniversary of the founder of Homoeopathy, Dr. Christian Fredrich Samuel Hahnemann
- China has launched a new Earth observation satellite named Gaofen-3 03. This satellite will become a part of the country’s land-sea radar satellite constellation. It will capture images to help China safeguard its maritime interests.