Published on: February 12, 2022
SNIPPETS – 12 FEBRUARY 2022
- Only one-fourth of the required number of Disha meetings have taken place, Union Rural Development Minister informed Lok Sabha. It stands for District Development Coordination and Monitoring Committee is Responsible for monitoring the implementation of 43 government schemes and programmes including NREGS and PMGSY
- Australia’s koalas have now been officially classified as ‘endangered’ after widespread bushfires, drought and land clearing destroyed much of their eucalyptus-rich habitat.
- To mark Deendayal Upadhyay’s death anniversary, the National Monuments Authority organised an international webinar on preserving monuments and heritage recently. The event saw participation by 20 countries including was held in collaboration with the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR).
- 4th Quad Foreign Ministers Meet was recently held in Melbourne. It is Quadrilateral security dialogue with Japan, India, United States and Australia
- US Congress passes Bill to end forced arbitration in sexual assault, harassment cases