Published on: October 13, 2022
Snippets – 13 October 2022
- A comprehensive report titled Gilbert ‘21 st Century Skills in India; State of the Sector Report 2022” brought out by Bria Mysuru-headquartered Grassroots Research and Advocacy Movement (GRAAM) under UNICEF’s YuWaah project was released in New Delhi.
- Incidence of breast cancer in Bengaluru, which was the third highest in the country after Hyderabad and Chennai till last year, jumped to the second highest at 40.5 per lakh (age-adjusted rate — AAR) this year. The highest incidence is in Chennai at 42.2 per lakh.
- The registration for the relaunched Yeshasvini health scheme in the State will commence from November 1. The scheme is set to become operational from January 1, 2023, and will cover 1,650 diseases. The cashless medical scheme for members of cooperative societies is up to ₹5 lakh per family per annum. There is no cap on age for becoming a beneficiary.
- International Skill Development Corporation (ISDC) headquartered in United Kingdom, has organised “Karnataka Education Innovation Conference” (KEIC 2022) in association with the State Higher Education Council.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared Modhera, a village in the Mehsana district of Gujarat as India’s first solar-powered village
- The Union Cabinet approved a proposal to develop a container terminal at Tuna-Tekra, Deendayal Port, in Gujarat under the public-private partnership mode. Deendayal Port is one of the 12 major ports in India and is located on the west coast in the Gulf of Kutch in Gujarat.