Published on: January 14, 2022
SNIPPETS – 14 JANUARY 2022
- The High Court of Karnataka has upheld the amendments made to the Karnataka Essential Commodities Public Distribution System (Control) Order 2017, fixing minimum educational qualification and period of extension of dealership of fair price shops.
- The committee to select the next director of the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) held interactions with a few shortlisted candidates recently. NCERT is Autonomous organisation set up in 1961 to assist and advise the Central and State Governments on policies and programmes for qualitative improvement in school education.
- The Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has released the India State of Forest Report (ISFR) 2021. India witnesses increase in Forest and tree cover with an additional cover of 1,540 square kilometres over the past two years.
- Edtech sector companies have formed a collective — India EdTech Consortium — under the aegis of the industry body Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI).
- Ministry of AYUSH hosted the first-ever global Surya Namaskar demonstration programme where about 10 million people participated
- Sahaja Samrudha, an organisation engaged in promoting cultivation and consumption of indigenous variety of paddy and millets, has rolled out a desktop calendar for 2022 that highlights the benefits of tubers and roots.Titled Return to Roots, the calendar has different variety of tubers and roots displayed in every page of the month coupled with benefits and the culinary delights that one could dish out using them.
- Kathak dancer Pandit Munna Shukla dies at 78