Published on: March 14, 2022
SNIPPETS – 14 MARCH 2022
- ‘Grameena Habba,’ a platform for rural artisans to sell handicraft, agricultural, and handloom products, is being held by NABARD’s Karnataka regional office in Bengaluru
- University of Mysore will be conferring a honorary doctorate on late actor Puneeth Rajkumar at its 102nd annual convocation
- The four-day All-India Vice-Chancellors’ Conference will be held in Mysuru . University of Mysore is hosting the conference where the V-Cs of universities from across the country will participate with some on the virtual platform.
- 11th edition of `Khel Mahakumbh’, an annual sports competition organized by the Gujarat government was recently organized
- Katalin Novák has been elected as Hungary’s first female president by the Hungarian parliament.
- The government has notified certain amendments to Census rules to allow online self-enumeration in the upcoming Census and National Population Register (NPR)
- Government of India launched ‘India Water Pitch-Pilot-Scale Start-up Challenge’ under AMRUT 2.0 which will select 100 start-ups through this challenge and provide Rs.20 lakh each as funding support
- The Odisha government has proposed to ban movement of mechanised fishing boats in the Mangalajodi area of the Chilika lake, an important haunt of migratory birds, to provide the winged guests an undisturbed ecosystem for six months every year.
- PM paid tributes to Mahatma Gandhi and all the eminent persons who marched to Dandi in order to protest injustice and protect our nation’s self-esteem. The day also marks beginning of Civil Disobedience Movement
- The United States, the European Union, Britain, Canada and Japan to move jointly to revoke Russia’s “most favoured nation” (MFN) status over its invasion of Ukraine