Published on: April 15, 2022
SNIPPETS – 15 APRIL 2022
- Karnataka is set to provide eggs under the Midday Meal Scheme (MDMS) for school children. It guarantees one meal to all children in government and aided schools and madarsas supported under Samagra Shiksha.
- The State Government has resumed ‘Saptapadi Vivaha’ scheme and mass marriages in select ‘A’ grade temples of the Muzarai Department. The programme was suspended for two years in view of COVID-19.
- ‘Ambedkar Odu’, a unique experiment of reading out B.R. Ambedkar’s writings on a digital platform to take them closer to common people, crossed a milestone of 100 hours of reading on his 131st birth anniversary
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved continuation of the revamped Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan (RGSA) till 2026
- The India Meteorological Department (IMD), while forecasting a “normal” southwest monsoon and average rainfall for the year 2022
- April 15 is observed as Himachal Day. In 1971,Himachal pradesh became the 18th state in India with Shimla as its capital
- The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation (UN-FAO) has recognized Hyderabad and Mumbai jointly as the ‘2021 Tree City of the World’
- CJI visits the partition museum in Amritsar
- Vice President has conferred the International Gandhi Award for Leprosy, 2021 to Sahyog Kushtha Yagna Trust, Gujarat, and Dr. Bhushan Kumar of Chandigarh in New Delhi. It is an annual award that is instituted by the Gandhi Memorial Leprosy Foundation.