Published on: February 15, 2022
SNIPPETS – 15 FEBRUARY 2022
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc.) in Bengaluru has received its single largest private donation of ₹425 crore, which will be used to set up a postgraduate medical school along with a multispeciality 800-bed hospital on its Bengaluru campus.
- High Court of Karnataka declared certain provisions of the Karnataka Police (Amendment) Act, 2021 as unconstitutional, which prohibited and criminalised the activities of offering and playing online games, by risking money or otherwise.
- With a view to check any further rise in the prices of domestic edible oils due to rise in the prices of edible oils globally, the Government of India has reduced the agri-cess for Crude Palm Oil (CPO) from 7.5% to 5%
- Camp for free Assistive Devices distribution organized for Divyangjan and Senior Citizens in Tikamgarh (M.P) under ‘Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana’ (RVY Scheme) of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. It aims to provide aids and assistive living devices to senior citizens belonging to Below Poverty Line (BPL) category who suffer from age-related disabilities
- India’s retail inflation accelerated past the 6% mark in January to hit 6.01%, breaching the central bank’s tolerance threshold for consumer price inflation for the first time since June 2021.
- One of the three persons diagnosed with Lassa fever in the UK has died as per recent reports. Lassa fever caused by virus, That is found in West Africa, first discovered in 1969 in Lassa, Nigeria. It is spread by Rats